- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
No negligence in Almunecar construction accident
• Six workers were killed when section of the flyover on the A7 collapsed
ALL charges have been dropped against those involved in a fatal construction accident in Almunecar.
Some 11 people were charged with negligent homicide after a section of a flyover on the A7 collapsed and fell 67 metres in 2005, killing six workers.
The defendants always maintained the work had been carried out correctly and that the accident could not have been prevented.
Now, having examined the evidence and hearing witness statements, the prosecutor has dropped all charges.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Latest news from the Olive Press...
More British expats commit benefit fraud in Spain than in any other country…
Judge tells trio that jail sentences are 'inevitable' over €6.6 million scam…
Experts fear healthcare cuts could result in spiralling medical problems across Spain…