MALAGA’S most famous son has made a very pious return.
Antonio Banderas has vowed that this Easter he will ‘immerse’ himself more than ever into Andalucia’s Holy Week celebrations, as processions get underway around the region.
The star of The Mask of Zorro and The Skin I Live In returned to his home town to take part in Malaga’s traditional procession on Palm Sunday.
“This year I want to be fully committed and have completely cleaned the agenda,” the actor revealed.
“I deeply love Easter. It is an opportunity for me to relate to my spiritual side, with the traditions and art. For me, this is a return to my roots.”
It might be the reason that – for once – his wife, actress Melanie Griffiths, has decided not to take a ride across the pond from their home in Los Angeles.
The official reason; that their daughter Stella needs to concentrate on her studies.
Banderas also appealed to 65,000 brotherhood members to help those around them during the current hard times.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46