- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Gib war on global drugs battle
A GIBRALTAR car dealer is to play a key role in the global battle against drug trafficking after landing a lucrative contract with the US Government.
Africa Automotive Distribution Services (AADS) will supply a fleet of specially designed Jeeps to combat drug cartels in Central and South America.
It is hoped the deal – estimated to be worth around nine million pounds in the first year alone – will help increase Gibraltar’s presence worldwide.
“This is the kind of international exposure that portrays a positive image for Gibraltar abroad,” said AADS manager George Bassadone Jr.
“It will help to put Gibraltar on the map on a global scale.”
A senior US military spokesman confirmed the equipment would form ‘an essential element of our land strategy in Central America’.
The company is a subsidiary of Bassadone Automotive Group, best known for supplying 4x4s to the UN as well as humanitarian and NGO groups around the world.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others