HE is the only Spaniard to be listed in Time Magazine’s Top 100 most influential people.
And incredibly, Asturian chef Jose Andres has been voted in at 21st in a list which sees Barack Obama take 62nd place.
The Spanish chef was one of Ferran Adria’s apprentices at El Bulli before he moved to the USA where he has lived for the last 20 years.
In 2011 he was recognized in the US as the best chef of the year and he collaborates regularly with the US Government on various programmes aimed at promoting healthy eating.
He has also written several books promoting Spanish cuisine, including Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America and Made in Spain: Spanish Dishes for the American Kitchen.
Fellow US chef Anthony Bourdain insisted ‘the man is capable of anything.’
“No one kitchen — or 10 — can contain him,” he said.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02