ELECTRIC car sales rose by a staggering 91 per cent in Spain last month, in contrast to an overall industry fall of nearly a quarter.
The 136 of the eco-friendly cars to leave the forecourt made little impact on the total of 49,240 cars sold in April though, down 23.2 per cent on the same period last year.
Among the hardest hit were hybrid cars, which dropped 33.9 per cent despite the sale of 3,324 models including the Toyota Prius.
The total number of cars sold in the first four months of 2012 is 253,359, down 6.9 per cent on last year.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10