WHILE times might be hard for expat parents in Spain they can at least be grateful they are saving on child care costs.
Figures show that the UK has the highest childcare costs in in the world, with the exception of Switzerland.
The report by think tank CentreForum, shows that British parents pay almost twice the international average making it beyond the reach of many middle class families.
The total cost of child care amounts to 26.6 per cent of a family’s income and a staggering 41 per cent of the average UK wage.
In contrast, Spanish child care costs make up just 4.7 per cent of family income, well below the OECD average of 11.8 per cent.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02