SPAIN go into their grudge match semi-final against neighbours Portugal today hoping to pull in yet another bumper TV audience.
A Spanish record 18.14 million viewers tuned in to watch the final moments of Spain’s tense 1-0 win over Croatia, a peak that surpassed even Spain’s victory in the 2010 World Cup final.
The whopping 78.2 per cent audience share on Telecinco dropped slightly to 76.7 per cent for the quarter final win over France on Saturday, peaking at 12.6 million.
But Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque is hopeful Spain can help restore the feel-good factor to the country during the economic crisis.
“I think we can give people delight at a difficult time,” said Del Bosque.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46