By Helen Pierpoint
A 27-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested for attempting to steal from his own mother.
The man from Ronda organised for his mum to receive a text message inviting her for a job interview at the town hall while the crime was carried out.
The woman claimed the text perfectly copied the style usually sent by the town hall.
But on her arrival she was told that nobody had summoned her.
When she returned home she found the door had been forced open and thieves had allegedly stolen various valuable objects and €2,500 in cash.
Her son was the only person that knew the house was empty leading him to become the focus of the investigation.
Meanwhile the mother has now also been arrested for falsely claiming €2,500 had been stolen when the actual amount was only €280.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46