- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Elderly Danish couple found dead in Torrox named
August 10, 2012 at
12:02 pm • LAST EDITED:
August 10, 2012 at
Lead2 • 0 Comments
• The door to Costa del Oro's flat 2C, where the bodies were discovered
THE elderly Danish couple found dead in their Torrox flat have been named as Clemens Vilhelm, 78, and Jytte Houen, 73.
The couple, who died of natural causes, had been dead for at least 10 days and their bodies had started to decompose.
Tests showed Houen died first.
It is thought her husband, who had reduced mobility and was being cared for by Houen, then passed away because he was not given the medicine he needed.
Neighbours said the pair, who had been living in Spain for a decade, kept themselves to themselves.
“It seemed strange that I had not seen them for over a week,” said Enrique Cruz, who said he had noticed a strong smell in the hallway.
“They had also left one of their car windows open,” he added.
The bodies were found in their flat in Costa del Oro, a block overlooking the beach at Torrox Costa, late on Tuesday night.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…