- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Portsmouth FC fans raise cash for charity in Gibraltar
• Pompey fans cheer on their beloved team
FANS of cash-strapped Portsmouth FC have raised over £1,000 for charity after descending on the Rock for a match against Gibraltar’s national team.
Nearly 500 supporters travelled from the UK and across Spain to cheer on Pompey, who eventually lost 4-0 in the pre-season friendly.
Portsmouth’s Costa del Sol supporter’s club chairman Gary Benham turned his home into an impromptu B&B for around 60 fans, all in aid of the Tom Prince Teenage Cancer Research Trust.
The charity is named after a young Portsmouth fan who died in 2004 from an aggressive form of the disease, known as Osteosarcoma.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…