NORMALLY things go quiet in the middle of summer as Spain goes on holiday.
And, while the Olive Press’ newspaper edition has seen a bit of an August dip, the website itself has gone completely the other way.
In fact, our site www.theolivepress.es has pushed on so much over the last two months, that this week we have zoomed up to 76,289 in the world rankings, according to Alexa.com.
To put things in perspective, this is out of 30 MILLION websites – and installs us three times ahead of Euro Weekly News (222,000) and Sur in English, which sits at the 253,000 mark.
It also puts us in front of Typicallyspanish.com for the first time in six years.
According to Alexa we are now the 2,587 most important website in Spain – and, most importantly, the number one in English – coming even in front of Andalucia.com (2,760).
This has come hand in hand with a string of big exclusive stories, followed up around the world.
The 799 websites linking into us include international media organisations such as the Daily Mail, Guardian and Bild, as well as the Huffington Post and the New York Times.
Yes, the website is now taken seriously around the world, bringing in regular readers from dozens of countries.
This month alone we have had nearly 150,000 visitors, with around 90,000 of them ‘uniques’.
Moreover the PDF version of the newspaper is being read by between 50,000 and 60,000 on the site each issue, more than we actually print.
That said, this autumn we are expanding more on the Costa del Sol, strengthening our distribution in Benalmadena, Torremolinos and Fuengirola, as well as putting more papers out in Marbella.
All in all, it stands to be a very exciting run-up to Christmas, with the paper becoming a household name among the expats on the coast and inland.
As our market research currently being compiled will show next issue, the vast majority of you are now managing to find the paper and many are even using us as your internet ‘home page’.
It just begs the question: If you have a business out there not working with the Olive Press… isn’t it about time you gave us a go?
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36