ECSTATIC Europe captain Jose Maria Olazabal dedicated his team’s incredible Ryder Cup victory to his late friend Seve Ballesteros, before describing the week as ‘the best of my life’.
His team, who won 14.5 points to 13.5 in a nail-biting finale, wore a silhouette of Ballesteros on their kit in memory of the Ryder Cup legend who died last year.
“It’s the first time Seve’s not been here with us at the Ryder Cup,” said the emotional Spaniard.
“I do have wonderful memories from my matches with him, he was a very special man and he’s very close to my heart.
“I think the guys won it for him as much as for me.”
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33