MARBELLA Town Hall have held a meeting to discuss reforestation plans for areas destroyed by the August fires.
Marbella’s environment councillor Antonio Espada said ‘coordination between all stakeholders is essential’ to carry out reforestation work in local areas such as La Mairena.
He added that successfully regenerating damaged areas would not only require work from the government but also from all the ‘other groups who have shown their willingness to participate in recovering La Mairena.’
Final plans for the project will be publically announced on October 23.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36