A SPANISH inventor has created a novel new suitcase that – unbelievably – requires zero carrying.
The ‘Hop!’ suitcase, designed by Rodrigo Garcia Gonzalez, 28, follows travellers around the airport using the Bluetooth signal on their mobile phone.
A YouTube clip showing the prototype following its owner has already received over 250,000 views and Gonzalez has high hopes for the invention.
“It’s not working 100% and it’s not ready for the market yet but it’s something I’d like to develop,” he said.
“I think in the future it’s something we could see often.”
Gonzalez picked up one of Spain’s James Dyson Awards for the design and has now moved to London to gather a team and funding for the project.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36