By James Bryce
A POPULAR Spanish food chain has announced ambitious plans to expand its presence in the United States.
100 Montaditos, which has 225 branches in Spain, has already opened nine restaurants in Miami and is hoping to establish 500 more throughout America by 2015.
Owned by Madrid-based firm Restalia, the franchise, which serves montaditos and beer, has doubled the number of its outlets since 2007 and plans to double that figure again by the end of 2014.
“Growth has been very quick, but also very ordered. We are starting to see good results because we have planned this very carefully,” said Juan Geras, Restalia’s CEO in the United States.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02