- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Malaga chef gets his Michelin star back
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By James Bryce
A MALAGA chef has rejoined Spain’s culinary elite after regaining the prestigious Michelin star he lost a few years ago.
Jose Carlos Garcia, who has established a new base in the city’s port, Muelle Uno, regains the honour having previously earned the accolade for his Cafe de Paris restaurant, in 2002.
The 38-year-old, who trained under renowned chefs Joan Roca and Martin Berasategui, is one of 17 new recipients of a Michelin star around Spain.
Almost all of the new starred restaurants are in the north of the country, while Spain has managed to acquire two new three-star restaurants.
Bringing the top accolade to seven around the country, Quique Dacosta in Alicante and Azurmendi in Vizcaya have joined the likes of Akelare and Arzak in San Sebastian.
Meanwhile, Barcelona-based restaurants Enoteca and Moments were added to the list of restaurants with two Michelin stars, bringing the total to 19 across Spain and Portugal.
“The Iberian peninsula continues to distinguish itself by the quality and diversity of its culinary offering,” explained a spokesman for Michelin.
“Moreover, in Spain, some young chefs continue to surprise with the quality of their creative cuisine.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]