EXCLUSIVE by Frances Leate
AN EX-PAT community on the Costa del Sol have been left shocked and disgusted after undercover police arrived at their local bar in search of a dangerous paedophile.
Spanish police have been trying to track down British national, Robert Edward Bill, following an incident in Velez-Malaga, where a 12-year-old girl was dragged into a silver-grey Peugeot 106.
The girl managed to flee from the car and alert her parents before the predator could drive away.
Spanish Police have now launched a major investigation in the hope of finding the ex-teacher, who was known by the name of ‘Bob’.
The known sex offender, who was sentenced to a four year prison sentence in 2009 for trying to abduct a five-year-old girl and indecently assaulting a girl of seven, was working for estate agent, El Pino Properties, in Torrox Park, in Malaga, Spain.
Bar manager, Daniel Paul Ellis, at El Pino Campsite, last night told how Bill fled in the middle of the night after one of many nights drinking in the bar several weeks ago.
He said: “He just started work here back in September and no-one really knew much about him.
“There was something not right about him, he came across as untrustworthy and a lot of people thought that.
“The last time we saw him was a few weeks ago, he was drinking in here as usual and then the next morning he sent a text message to the boss saying that he had a medical emergency and he had to leave immediately.
“It was all very weird.”
Alison Sanderson, originally from Glasgow, use to drink with him when he sang at the jam sessions at Los Amigos Bar, in Torrox Park.
She said: “We are all absolutely sick to the stomach that he’s been socialising here with us and we knew nothing about it.”
On Tuesday, November 27, five undercover police came into El Pino bar in the hope of arresting Bill, but many people believe he has now fled to Morocco.
Bill, who lived in the nearby village of Competa, was originally from St Asaph in South Wales and was described by
Judge Philip Hughes immediately after his 2009 conviction as ‘a sexual predator with an unhealthy sexual interest in young children’.
The 58-year-old former teacher was also told he must stay on the sex offenders register for life following the sentencing but he has been living out on the Costa del Sol these past three months with many of the people he knew unaware of his past.
Anyone who knows Bill or his whereabouts have been asked to contact Spanish Police immediately.
For video footage of this story follow this link: http://www.antena3.com/programas/espejo-publico/noticias/pederasta-intenta-secuestrar-nina-velez-malaga_2012120300065.html
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36