- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Paedophile on the run seen in Velez-Malaga?
• Convicted paedophile, Robert Edward Bill
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A DANGEROUS paedophile who fled his home in the middle of the night has been spotted in Velez-Malaga.
Expat Lesley Wilton, says she saw convicted sex offender, Robert Edward Bill, in the town where he is alleged to have tried to abduct a 12-year-old girl on November 19.
The sighting on December 3 is one of a handful of leads police are currently chasing.
Spanish National Police, who have issued a warrant for his arrest, say they still have no information about his whereabouts and have urged anyone with information to come forward.
The expat, who has been living in Competa since August, worked for El Pino Properties in Torrox Park, and was known by the name of Bob.
The 58-year-old fled in the middle of the night a few weeks ago, leaving behind a shocked expat community which had got to know him during his time in Spain.
The 12-year-old victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has since spoken out on Spanish TV channel, Antena 3, about her terrifying ordeal.
She said: “I was on my own and I walked by the side of the car that had just parked.
“The driver grabbed me violently and pushed me into the car.
“I was very scared.
“When he got into the car as well I realised that the door handle could be opened and I could get out.
“I pulled the door handle and ran out crying.”
The incident took place in front of the court building in Velez-Malaga.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]