CELEBRITY publicist Max Clifford has been arrested by detectives investigating sex offences.
The PR guru, who has an apartment in Marbella, was arrested at his Surrey home by the Metropolitan Police as part of Operation Yewtree.
The 69-year-old is a regular visitor to the Costa del Sol and is well-known for the charity golf event he has hosted for the last 12 years at La Cala Resort in Mijas.
Clifford was also allegedly offered the PR contract for Marbella Town Hall.
Operation Yewtree was launched to investigate mass allegations against the late Jimmy Savile in relation to the abuse of young people during his career.
The operation has now been broken into three separate strands – allegations against Jimmy Savile, allegations against ‘Savile and others’ and allegations against people unconnected to Jimmy Savile.
Clifford is the fifth person to be arrested in the investigation, but the accusations against him are unconnected to the Jimmy Saville scandal said a spokesman from Scotland Yard.
Comedian Freddie Starr, singer Gary Glitter and DJ Dave Lee Travis have all been arrested and bailed as part of Operation Yewtree under the ‘Savile and others’ category.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36