- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Spain’s Javier Bardem: I will not go to the US
• Bardem: 'I don’t want to be a superstar.'
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
SPANISH Bond star Javier Bardem has snubbed a move to America, saying it is ‘unpleasant’ to be a celebrity in the US.
The Oscar-winning actor, who starred in Skyfall and No Country for Old Men, said: “I don’t want that kind of stardom where you have the pressure of being a star 24 hours a day.
“Being a celebrity in America is unpleasant. It is too high a price to pay for doing a job. In Europe we have well-known actors, but it’s nothing compared to the American ‘star’ thing, which is absolutely crazy.”
Bardem, who is married to Spain’s most famous actress Penelope Cruz, even finds stardom irritating in his native country, adding: “When fame invaded my life in Spain I couldn’t walk around without some guy telling me stupid things. So I try to avoid the celebrity trap.
“My job is public. I don’t want to be a superstar.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]