A CAMPAIGNING journalist and mum of two from the UK who spent years working on a newspaper in Spain has died suddenly from a mystery illness.
Louise Clarke, 38, worked as a reporter on the Round Town News and spent a year as a press officer for Orihuela Costa Town Hall.
The former regional press journalist worked at the Cheadle District Advertiser and the Stockport Citizen in the UK before moving to the Costa Blanca in 2007 with her husband and two children.
Louise collapsed unexpectedly in November and spent a number of weeks in intensive care battling a mystery illness before she died.
The Editor of RTN said: “Louise touched the soul of each and every one of us with her wit, love of fun and no nonsense approach to getting the job done.
“RTN will miss her greatly but at this time, all of our thoughts and prayers are only for her family, husband Lee, daughter Lily, son Charlie and extended family and friends, who are trying to cope with the huge void that Louise’s passing has left in their own lives.”
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50