- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Poisoned Russian spy had links to Spain
• Alexander Litvinenko before his death in November 2006
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A POISONED Russian spy whose death shocked the world was working for the Spanish Secret Service.
Former KGB spy, Alexander Litvinenko was poisoned with radioactive polonium-210 while drinking tea at the Millennium Hotel, in London, in November 2006.
According to his wife, he was a triple agent working for Russia, M16 in Britain and the Spanish Secret Service.
Marina Litvinenko made the allegations during a pre-inquest hearing in the UK last week.
She told the hearing her husband was being paid into their joint account by the Spanish in exchange for information on organised crime and Russian Mafia activity in Spain.
The hearing also heard how Litvinenko had planned to travel to Spain before his death to deliver information about the links between the Russian Mafia, the Kremlin and the country’s president, Vladimir Putin.
The 43-year-old was a fugitive from Russia and it has been alleged he was poisoned by two former colleagues and KGB agents, Andrei Lugovoy and Dmitry Kovtun at the London hotel.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]