Eloise Horsfield and James Bryce take a look at the key events at the Olive Press throughout 2012
IT has been a busy year for the Olive Press, which has doubled in both numbers and profit since the beginning of 2011.
Bucking the trend for newspapers, we have grown rapidly and are now covering all eight provinces of Andalucia, and have recently strengthened our coverage on the Costa del Sol with 100 new distribution spots in Mijas and Fuengirola and 50 in Marbella alone.
Most of our success however has been down to reporting and the quality of our journalism and it has been a year of frequent change.
We have introduced no less than four new sections this year, including a dedicated section for the Axarquia, a distinctly different region, where we have a large loyal following.
Hand in hand with distribution to all the international schools we launched a youth section OPX, and green page to keep you up to date on all the environmental news from around the region. As well as continuing our series of popular All About Andalucia supplements, in October we launched a new complementary health page.
For the fifth year running we brought out our annual Green Guide.
And then there was our hoard of exclusive stories, many of which have been followed up abroad or nationally around Spain.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33