A PETITION has been launched to get expats representation in the UK parliament.
Londoner, Peter Johnson, 64, has launched the online petition to try and get an MP in government with the sole responsibility of representing expats living in Spain and other parts of Europe.
Mr Johnson, who has lived in Zujar, in Spain, for six years, is still paying tax in the UK on his private pension.
He said: “There are millions of Brits living abroad and they deserve a say in what goes on.
“Many of them are still paying tax in the UK in one way or another and they should have a say on where their money goes.
“People still have family living in Britain so even if they are not directly affected by the decisions made in parliament their families are.”
Mr Johnson is hoping those who agree will sign his e-petition by following this link: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/43238.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50