- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Costa timeshare crook to invest in Hull KR rugby club
• Tony Larvin watches a Hull KR match
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Mason Jones
A TIMESHARE salesman convicted of running dodgy cashback schemes on the Costa del Sol is planning to pump €17 million into his old rugby club.
Tony Larvin, 48, hopes to take over indebted Hull Kingston Rovers, where he played as a teenager, despite conning hundreds of holidaymakers in Spain.
Larvin, who still claims he is innocent, spent five months in a Spanish prison after his firm, Cashback Promotions, conned clients out of millions in investment funds.
The conman – a former associate of the late seasoned fraudster Garry Leigh – now lives the millionaire lifestyle.
The businessman, now based in the UK, brushed off his damaged reputation and urged people to judge him on what he can do for the struggling club and not on his past.
He said: “They were completely false accusations and I have spent a long time, and a lot of money, clearing my name.”
He added: “I have no case to answer and I am here now, trying to do my best for Hull. I hope fans will give me that chance.”
The businessman claims he is funding the investment with money he earned from working with investment banks and hedge fund companies since being released from prison in Spain.
The Olive Press reported in 2011 how Larvin had bought stunning Bentley Hall, in the town of Beverley, and was driving a top-of-the-range Mercedes.
A close family source said: “That’s not bad for a guy who left Spain with what he could carry in the back of his car.
“He says he earns his money in investments but I don’t know how because he doesn’t do anything all day.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]