- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Students protest after parent assaults teacher in Axarquia
• The teacher was assaulted by the father of a pupil
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By James Bryce
STUDENTS and teachers have held a protest outside an Axarquia school after a member of staff was assaulted by the father of one of the pupils.
The incident occurred when a student at IES Reyes Catolicos school in Velez Malaga called her father after she was told off for being late.
When he arrived at the school, the man entered the classroom and assaulted the teacher by grabbing his head and pushing him to the ground.
The attack, which took place in front of the girl’s classmates, left the teacher with an eye injury and cuts and bruises.
The 300-strong crowd later gathered to condemn the incident, which education authorities in Malaga described as ‘disgusting’.
No action has yet been taken against the attacker. It follows a similar protest at another Andalucian school by 45 teachers after a member of staff was punched by a pupil. Education bosses at the Junta are investigating the case.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]