- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Weavers sale at Andalucian mill
• A weaver at work
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE owners of a unique weaving mill are holding a stock clearance sale in a bid to chase the midwinter blues away.
Paul and Dawn Sutcliffe, of the Lanas del Rio mill, near Gaucin, are offering pure wool blankets, ponchos, scarves, shawls and serapes at amazing prices.
The event at the charming country estate of La Almuna on February 2 is taking place in cooperation with several other traders.
Lanas del Rio now has two traditional shuttle looms spinning and is quickly running out of space.
Says Paul: “We have so much stock we decided to have a bumper sale and get some of it moved on, much of it at a fraction of the usual price. We are busy weaving a whole new range and we really need the space.”
At the event, next Saturday, Almuna owner Diana Paget will be cooking wholesome hot food, while Mick’s Bloody Mary Bar will take care of the liquid side of the lunch.
There will be live music from ‘human jukebox’ Marcus Myers and other offerings include Chris and Vanessa Barber’s vintage fashion and silk kimonos, photography and prints by Jane Jewson and Tone Barker’s gorgeous silk dresses from Denmark.
There will also be superb wines on sale from Roland Wines of Jubrique and wellness products from Celeste Rawlings.
If it is raining, the event, which takes place from 11am to 5pm, will move inside with log fires.
To get to Almuna take the A369 south from Gaucin and take the first left after ‘km6’ sign. Almuna is 500 metres on the right.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]