- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Brits the last of the big spenders on holidays in Spain
• British tourists spend the most in Spain
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
WHEN it comes to parting with cash while holidaying in Spain, it seems British holiday makers are the most likely to get out their wallets and say, “Recession? What Recession?!”
According to data from the Spanish government, British tourists parted with a staggering €1.46 billion in 2012- 12 % more than in 2011.
The French came in second at €515 million, up 16.6%, whilst spending from Scandinavian tourists grew by 17.5% and the Irish by 32%.
According to the report, the average tourist visiting Spain spends around €76.3 a day and stays for 12 days.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]