- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Paul McCartney’s ‘Fame School’ launched in Spain
• McCartney opening Liverpool Fame School
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
LIVERPOOL’S celebrated ‘Fame School’, co-founded by Sir Paul McCartney, has launched in Spain.
The college, which is modelled on The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) has opened in Sitges, near Barcelona.
The Institute of the Arts Barcelona (IAB) will offer training in various performing arts disciplines at foundation, degree and post-graduate levels and the first set of students are due to enrol this September.
The school includes a 200-seat theatre, dance and acting studios, video production facilities, recording studios, learning resource facility and a café and social area.
Included in the college’s curriculum will be courses in acting, arts entrepreneurship, dance, film production, musical theatre, popular music and stage management.
The Liverpool college is located in Sir Paul McCartney’s old school, the Liverpool Institute for Boys, Hope Street, which underwent a multi-million pound renovation to turn it into a state-of-the-art performing arts higher education institution.
It was co-founded by Sir Paul and Mr Featherstone-Witty and opened in 1995.
LIPA has been ranked in first place for its degree courses on several occasions and is regularly among the top 10 in rankings for specialist institutions.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]