By Kathryn Richardson
A GROUP of women on the Costa del Sol have won ‘Best Social Club’ in the Telegraph’s Best of British Awards 2012.
Costa Women, a social and networking community for women living in Spain, beat off fierce competition from 40 different groups worldwide.
“It’s wonderful to see how supportive the community are of Costa Women and being part of the group,” said founder Ali Meehan.
“My idea was to have a space where women could connect, network and share their stories, ask questions, talk about their hobbies, write blogs, publicise their events and promote their businesses, support local charities as well as importantly provide fun and a positive resource. It looks like we are achieving our aims!”
For more information and to join for free visit www.costawomen.ning.com
- Fruit growers fight to safeguard Costa produce - 8 Mar, 2013 @ 12:35
- More bad weather to come in Andalucia - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 14:29
- Axarquia shop owners to dress windows as part Easter celerations - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 13:21
- New app offers UK children’s programmes in Spanish - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 10:18
- The ladies who made a difference - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 13:56
- Money over the bridge - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:10
- €400 incentive to increase youth employment - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:00
- Donkeys’ star status won’t save them from eviction - 4 Mar, 2013 @ 16:40
- Looking at the Labyrinth - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 14:36
- Ticket to the States! - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 12:00