AXARQUIA businesses are pulling out all the stops for Easter.
As well as the usual celebrations, The Association of Velez-Malaga has launched their annual window dressing competition.
The event, now in its sixth year, was officially launched today with the theme of ‘Easter and Trade’.
All shops with public windows are being encouraged to take part and there are no limits for the displays.
First prize is a €150 gift certificate, a hand carved sculpture as second prize and a €50 voucher as thrid prize.
Contestants must display their window creations until March 31.
Judges will decide the winner on March 22.
- Fruit growers fight to safeguard Costa produce - 8 Mar, 2013 @ 12:35
- More bad weather to come in Andalucia - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 14:29
- Axarquia shop owners to dress windows as part Easter celerations - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 13:21
- New app offers UK children’s programmes in Spanish - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 10:18
- The ladies who made a difference - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 13:56
- Money over the bridge - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:10
- €400 incentive to increase youth employment - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:00
- Donkeys’ star status won’t save them from eviction - 4 Mar, 2013 @ 16:40
- Looking at the Labyrinth - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 14:36
- Ticket to the States! - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 12:00