AS usual it’s all hands on deck this month at British School of Marbella (BSM) with a list of upcoming events longer than a Leonard Cohen song.
Coming hot on the heels of Pancake Day, Valentines Day and Chinese New Year celebrations, we have World Literacy Day, World Numeracy Day and World Science Day.
Calls for a Snack Day from some corners of the staff room fell on deaf ears as they were clearly taking the biscuit.
Designed to get the pupils excited about the three core subjects, teachers have been covertly preparing a mind boggling array of activities under the cover of darkness for the special days.
What exactly will be happening on each day is a closely guarded secret however I can let you know that one experiment will involve a bottle of lemonade and carefully placed mints in the playground!
For Mothers Day children have been creating works of art as well as rather delicious ‘Milkshakes for Mummies’.
And then there is the annual Talent Show and although it’s been reported that Simon Cowell has yet again turned down the opportunity to be a judge,
several parents have stepped up at the last minute to replace him.
Staff are also set to surprise pupils and families with a special performance that promises to ‘raise a few eyebrows’.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36