- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Earthquakes hit Andalucia
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
AN earthquake, of magnitude 4.8 on the Richter scale, struck Andalucia at 4.11am this morning prompting calls to the 112 emergency service.
Jimena de la Frontera in Cadiz province was the epicentre although tremors were felt in Malaga and Sevilla provinces too.
There are no reports of personal injury or damage.
Last Sunday an earthquake of magnitude 3.8 on the Richter scale was recorded northwest of Casares.
According to the Instituto Geografico Nacional earthquakes are relatively common on the peninsular with 1,200 earthquakes striking each year, of which only about 20 are actually felt by the population.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]