OPPOSITION leaders are calling for a PP boss to resign after photographs emerged of him holidaying with a convicted drug smuggler.
Albert Nunez Feijoo, leader of the Galicia region, faces a grilling after several pictures were published of him in the company of notorious drugs lord Marcial Dorado.
The pictures, believed to have been taken in the mid-90s, show Feijoo and Dorado relaxing on a boat while others show the pair at a property owned by the criminal.
The politician has admitted to having a ‘personal relationship’ with Dorado but insisted he had no idea about his friend’s illegal activity at the time.
Feijoo said he immediately cut all ties with Dorado following his arrest.
However, a spokeswoman from the Galician Left Alternative party insist that the whole region knew of Dorado’s links with organised crime.
The party has also demanded that the PP official provide ‘convincing explanations’ as to why he was so close to Dorado.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36