DETECTIVES have launched a website in a bid to trace a British man missing in Spain.
Robert Golden, 58, from Sussex, flew to Sevilla on November 5 but did not board his return flight on November 19.
Golden, who works for an IT company in London, had told colleagues he was planning to spend up to 12 days trekking to Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez.
www.findrobertgolden.com, has appeals in English and Spanish and aims to gather information on Golden’s whereabouts.
The new appeal comes after four possible sightings of Golden, the latest being on January 28 when a man fitting his description was seen heading towards Gibraltar.
Detective Chief Inspector Dave Wardley-Wilkins said: “These unconfirmed sightings of Robert are encouraging. If they were in fact Robert then it is obviously good news.
“We want to confirm it is him and that he is safe and well. His family has not heard from him and they would be delighted to hear positive news.
“This new website, in Spanish and English, is a part of our efforts to find him. By appealing directly to people in Spain we hope they will come forward with any information about his whereabouts.
“I would appeal to anyone living or visiting southern Spain who believes they have seen him to get in touch,” he added.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on +44(0) 1273 475432, quoting 804 of 23/11 or email email@example.com
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36