THE Seat Leon is the most popular vehicle among car thieves in Spain according to the nation’s leading insurance company.
Other models commonly stolen are the Volkswagen Golf followed by the BMW 3 Series, according to research by insurance company Linea Directa.
In the report, ‘Car Theft in Spain’, Malaga was named as one of the most likely places to have your car stolen in Spain.
But other theft hotspots include Madrid and Alicante.
In good news for Andalucia in general, car theft in the provinces of Huelva, Jaen and Cordoba is among the lowest in Spain.
The study was compiled by analysing over 8,400 cases of car theft from a total portfolio of 1.7 million customers.
The report also reveals that of the 50,000 vehicles stolen in Spain last year- only 30% were ever recovered.
Many of these vehicles are believed to have been illegally resold in Eastern European countries or North Africa.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36