PARENTS and businesses in Estepona have taken to Facebook to raise awareness following a suspected kidnap attempt.
According to unconfirmed reports, three young boys were playing together at the Bel Air football pitch next to the garden centre when they were approached by a white van.
One of the youngsters, aged 8, told his mother that a man had got out the vehicle and offered them Playstations and sweets if they got in the van.
Fortunately, the boys knew to stay away and the van quickly cleared off when a woman approached in a car.
Although the police have been informed, parents are being urged to be extra-vigilant and take the time to educate their children about the potential dangers of listening to strangers.
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02