A LOCAL police officer accused of killing a woman has committed suicide in prison.
Miguel Folgoso Olmos, from Granada, was accused of beating to death his ex-wife’s lawyer, Rosa Coba, with his truncheon last September.
Olmos, who hung himself at Castellon’s Albocasser prison last Sunday, was filmed on CCTV attacking Coba in her garage.
The police officer is said to have been angry with the result of his divorce in which Coba represented his former partner.
The footage shows the lawyer being hit at least 40 times on the head and neck.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36