THE Axarquia Amateur Theatre Festival is taking place in Nerja this week.
Several local theatre groups from across the province will head to the town for the three-day festival which begins today.
Councillor for Education and Culture, Gema Garcia, said the festival, which is sponsored by the Unicaja Foundation, will highlight the importance of theatre in the area.
All events will be held at the town’s Cultural Centre with the first production of La molinera y el corregidor by Velez-Malaga company, the Jubilee Theatre Group.
The following day will see the Torrox-based Central Theatre Group perform La Herencia, while on Saturday Nerja’s Active Participation Theatre will stage the play Leonor.
Each performance starts at 9.pm with individual events priced at €5 or €12 for all three days.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36