WILDMAN Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore left none of his £2million estate to his devoted partner – because he did not draw up a will.
The rocker died from a heart attack in February 2011 aged 58 after an alcohol binge at the Kempinski Hotel near Estepona.
Moore and girlfriend Petra Nioduschewski, 37, had just arrived in Spain, checking into the hotel earlier that day. An autopsy put the guitarist at five times over the drink-drive limit with 380mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood in his system – the legal limit for driving is 80mg of alcohol.
Miss Nioduschewski, who lived with the musician at his £635,000 home in Hove, tried unsuccessfully to revive him.
Although Moore was reported to have proposed to her, she will receive none of his estate as he had not drawn up a will. Under intestate rules, it is believed his fortune will be split between his four children.
Moore was a regular visitor to Estepona, and frequently jammed with the in-house musicians at the now closed Las Dunas Hotel.
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00
- AUGUST ANGST: Summer in southern Spain presents some interesting challenges - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 13:23