THE Gibraltar Health Authority announced today that no one else has tested positive for tuberculosis.
The GHA recently finished testing people who may have been in contact with a confirmed case of tuberculosis.
On June 20, a child attending two nurseries in Gibraltar was announced to have the dangerous and infectious disease rare to the Rock.
102 children and 12 adults were identified as possible contacts, and everyone but five adults were skin tested.
Although ten patients experienced mild reactions to the test, tuberculosis was not found in any of the contacts.
The infected child is responding well to treatment and there is no risk to the public of Gibraltar, sources at GHA say.
- Leonardo DiCaprio flying high on vacation in Ibiza - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:14
- You CAN get sunburned while driving in the car… with the windows up! - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:01
- Delicious treats at half the calories - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 08:11
- Gay bars in Andalucia ban vodka - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:00
- Ne-Yo spotted all over Marbella - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 11:46
- Man arrested for filming nude sunbathers with a hidden camera - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:33
- Spanish paedophile re-arrested as he entered Spain - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 12:03
- Fishing dispute leads to the most draconian clampdown in recent Gibraltar history - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 11:08
- Eva Longoria hosts charity golf tournament in Marbella - 6 Aug, 2013 @ 15:08
- El Torcal is semi-finalist for top award of sites in Spain - 5 Aug, 2013 @ 15:48