- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Andy Murray steels himself for Spanish stud
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
ALL cameras will be trained on Andy Murray as he dukes it out with Fernando Verdasco on Wimbledon’s Centre Court today.
The Scottish superstar Murray is expected to beat out the Spanish Verdasco, but the 29-year-old Spaniard already has Murray beat in one category.
Verdasco, tall, tan and toned, has won the hearts of many fans, including Murray’s own mother, Judy.
Mrs. Murray has described him as ‘kind of Roman god-like,’ but still says that ‘of course family loyalty comes into it hugely.’
Sadly for Mrs. Murray, Verdasco has a girlfriend of three years.
Many eyes will also be on the girlfriends of the two tennis stars.
The two women are as different as their respective partners.
Kim Sears, Murray’s girlfriend, studied English literature and is now an artist specialising in ‘animal portraiture.’
On her blog, Sears, 25, names ‘tea, lots of chocolate biscuits, Classic FM and copious amount of Jilly Cooper’ as some of her favourite things (apart from family and friends, of course).
On the other hand, Verdasco’s girlfriend of three years, Jarah Mariano, is an American underwear model and actress.
She has modelled for Victoria’s Secret, Sports Illustrated, H&M, and Abercrombie & Fitch, had a minor role in the latest Bond film and has appeared in Jay-Z music videos.
Mariano, 28, is of Hawaiian and Korean heritage, and lists her hobbies as kick-boxing, yoga, surfing and swimming with sharks.
Murray and Verdasco will play in the quarterfinals today at 5:00 pm Spanish time.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]