- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Funeral of popular expat Rod Younger
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE Marbella expat community lost a hugely popular member with the sudden death of Books4Spain founder Rod Younger. Rod, 53, suffered a sudden massive heart attack at his Nueva Andalucia home.
Born in Spain but growing up in London, Rod descibed himself as “Anglo-Spanish” and being bi-lingual he was equally at home with both locals and expats.
This passion for Spanish culture – especially food, history and literature -found a natural voice in his newly-finished website books4spain, which specialised in Spanish books and had the motto “Passion for Spain”. Rod had also been one of the expert panel that helped picked the 100 most influential expats in Andalucia for a special edition of the Olive Press two years ago.
Rod’s funeral was held today (Friday, 5 July 2013) at the Cementario Virgin del Carmen on the Ojen road. Friends packed into the chapel with many standing outside to hear Rod’s sister deliver a moving eulogy.
Books4Spain later announced that it would keep the website operating as a fitting tribute to Rod.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]