- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Injunction against Andalucia’s anti-eviction laws
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE Constitutional Court has issued a temporary injunction against Andalucia’s new anti-eviction laws.
The Rajoy administration filed a suit against the controversial law two weeks ago, claiming that a temporary halt was necessary in order to fully examine the constitutionality of the law.
The law was passed earlier this year by the Junta de Andalucia under José Antonio Griñán, and provides protection against foreclosure for the most financially vulnerable.
This temporary protection plan allows the bank to take possession of a property without evicting its residents.
During the three years of protection, the regional government would pay a nominal rent to the banks.
The measure has been effective thus far, already stopping 12 evictions.
However, the EU warned Spain last month that this could be damaging to the Spanish banks, asking the Rajoy government to look into it.
The injunction could last up to five months.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]