- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Virgen del Carmen worshipped in the streets of Estepona
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
ESTEPONA locals were out in their masses last night to worship their patron saint, the Virgen del Carmen.
Hundreds took to the walkways and the beaches for a glimpse of the procession as it headed down the boardwalk and into the sea.
The procession started at 20.00 in the Parish of Our Lady of Carmen, where the national anthem rang out.
140 men took it in turns to carry the throne of The Virgen del Carmen around the town, stopping for people to praise it and take photographs.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]