- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Tomatina festival to restrict numbers of tourists this year
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
TOURISTS planning to flock to the small village of Bunol for the famous Tomatina festival this summer will now need tickets to take part in the ketchup craze.
The annual festival, which takes place on August 28, has been drawing bigger and bigger crowds each year causing chaos for the authorities.
Last year more than 45,000 revellers went to the town to get pummeled with tomatoes.
In an attempt to cut down on numbers this year, authorities have introduced a ticketing system.
An entry tax of 10€ is being imposed and only 20,000 tickets issued. Just 15,000 of these will be open to the general public, with the remainder being reserved for locals.
Tickets are on sale at latomatina.info/en/buy-tickets/
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]