A HOST of important captains of industry were on hand to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Andalucias most up-market enclave, Sotogrande.
At the glittering event hosted by the ‘El Cucurucho’ club in Sotogrande, some of the areas affluent residents were treated to champagne and canapés under the stars.
Tv presenter Ana Rosa Quintana and fashion designer Juanjo Oliva were joined by a series of local figures at the event this week.
Over the past 50 years, Sotogrande has become a remarkably popular up-market residential development, with a port, beach clubs, hotels, and a polo club, among other things.
The event, DJ-ed by Brianda Fitz-James Stuart (granddaughter of the Duquesa de Alba), had a fantastic array of food, including sushi, lobster, paella, and canapés prepared by the NH hotel chain.
The NH hotel in Sotogrande has become one of the benchmark hotels in the chain.
This month, the company will open a NH Edition Shop by Juanjo Oliva.
- Goya museum in trouble - 13 Aug, 2013 @ 10:00
- Kids’ cardiac threat - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 10:08
- Football match abandoned at World Police and Fire Games - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:52
- The last of the Spanish Nazis - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:03
- Buena Vista baile - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:02
- Sotogrande celebrates half a century - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 15:16
- Staying safe on Spain’s roads - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 12:10
- Snoop Dogg rolls in - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 09:17
- British woman gives birth to biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 14:57
- Keira Knightly takes Spanish vacation - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:34