TORREGUARDIARO beach was briefly closed by police yesterday following the arrival of a two-metre long shark close to the shore.
Local police and the Seprona Environmental section of the Guardia Civil were alerted to its presence by a beach goer, who had seen it in a zone next to Sotogrande port and called the emergency number.
Bathers were ordered to leave the water until it moved away.
Experts believe it was a blue shark which prefers cool waters and can migrate long distances.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40