THE wait is finally over. Gareth Bale, the world’s most expensive player, will make his debut for Real Madrid against Villarreal today.
“Bale will travel and will play. I’m not sure if he will start or come off from the bench,” confirmed coach Carlo Ancelotti.
The Italian also confirmed in a media conference on Friday that he plans to play Bale as a right-sided attacker.
“Bale came here without having a normal pre-season, but his condition is not bad,” added the ex-Chelsea manager.
“He has no injuries, he is excited and very motivated.
“He’s arrived full of enthusiasm and he is very happy to be at the team he wanted to join. He is a humble player who likes to be with his team-mates. He fits in well with the squad.”
Despite being given a “welcome to Real Madrid” tackle by Ronaldo, Bale says he is happy at the Bernabeu.
“The boys have been very nice to me and made me settle quickly and it’s just an honour to be here.
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00
- AUGUST ANGST: Summer in southern Spain presents some interesting challenges - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 13:23
- TOUR DE FARCE: Last Monday was my final straw with the cyclists - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 11:10