A GLASS of wine a day can reduce the risk of depression, according to a new Spanish study.
A trial group of 5,500 subjects were studied over a seven year period, with results showing an inverse correlation between low and moderate alcohol consumption and new cases of depression.
Participants consumed between two and seven glasses of wine per week in the study by Predimed, a government-funded organisation investigating the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet.
It has already established those who consume a diet rich in olive oil are 30% less likely to suffer cardiac issues or to have a stroke.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40